Updated: Nov 13
Spanish alphabet names and sounds
In Spanish, there are 27 letters. The letters (called digraphs) ch, ll, and rr are no longer counted as letters of the Spanish alphabet. Some of the letters have several names in different areas of the Hispanic world. However, The Royal Spanish Academy (Real Academia Española) recommends the use of a common name for each letter and that is what we will see during this video. Pay close attention to the video to learn the names of the letters in the Spanish Alphabet.
This video was made taking into account the changes made in 2010 by The Royal Spanish Academy (Spanish: Real Academia Española) which is Spain's official royal institution with a mission to ensure the stability of the Spanish language.
Spanish Alphabet Tracing Sheets
This educational resource is designed to assist students in strengthening their understanding and recognition of the Spanish alphabet and digraphs. Each page presents a letter or digraph, accompanied by a series of engaging images. Students will engage in pronunciation practice, letter tracing, and the identification of the correct image that corresponds to the targeted letter or digraph.
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. E 6. F 7. G 8. H 9. I 10. J 11. K 12. L 13. M 14. N
15. Ñ 16. O 17. P 18. Q 19. R 20. S 21. T 22. U 23. V 24. W 25. X 26. Y
27. Z 28. Ch 29. Ll 30. Gu 31. Rr
Spanish Alphabet- name and sound
Use these flashcards to teach vocabulary related to the Spanish alphabet. The sounds shown here represent those commonly used in most Spanish-speaking Latin American countries. However, it's important to consider cultural aspects, the position of the letter within a word, and the following points when teaching about this topic:
1. The sounds of the letters in the Spanish alphabet can vary across different regions of the Spanish-speaking world
2. Some letters share the same sound
3. Certain letters have two or more sounds
4. There is a letter that is silent
5. Some letters incorporate sounds from other languages
Spanish Letter Pronunciation Folder Kit
The Spanish Letter Pronunciation Folder Kit comprises a collection of 26 posters that cover letters and digraphs showing the syllables in the Spanish language. Each poster features photos of the mouth demonstrating the correct pronunciation of the letter or digraph, along with words and colorful images that help learners expand their vocabulary. Please watch the following video to get an idea of the resource you will receive. https://youtu.be/_VZbRyYVmRs
1. M 2. S 3. P 4. L 5. T 6. D 7. N 8. F 9. R 10. Rr 11. G 12. Gu 13. B 14. V 15. J 16. C 17. Q 18. Z 19. Y 20. Ll 21. H 22. Ch 23. K 24. Ñ 25. X 26. W