Updated: 3 days ago
Fishing the numbers activity: Work on this activity to teach the numbers in Spanish. Make sure you practice the correct pronunciation of the numbers before.
1. Model and show an example to your students of how to do the activity.
2. Put the numbers in a plastic bag and mix them.
3. Students should take one number from the bag and say it loud
4. Students fish the number with the fishing rod and put it on a box, container, or just put it aside from the rest of the fish.
Numbers 0 to 5 in Spanish
This educational video teaches numbers 0 to 5 in a simple and fun way. Numbers are an important part of basic communication in any language, and learning numbers in Spanish helps kids communicate basic quantities and measurements in everyday situations.
Flashcards to teach numbers 0 to 5 in Spanish
These flashcards are designed to complement the educational video titled "Numbers 0 to 5 in Spanish," which offers a simple and enjoyable approach to learning.
Download the resource here👇
Numbers from 0 to 29 in Spanish
Let's learn numbers from 0 to 29 along with their pronunciations in Spanish. When it comes to numbers from 0 to 20, they are written as single words. However, pay attention to some special cases. For numbers from 16 to 19, the word "DIECI" is used before the specific number and for the numbers from 21 to 29, we use the word "VEINTI" followed by the corresponding number.
It's worth noting that certain numbers, such as sixteen, twenty-two, twenty-three, and twenty-six, have accent marks. For example, "dieciséis" for sixteen and "veintidós" for twenty-two. These accent marks add a unique touch to the pronunciation.
0 cero ➺zero
1 Uno ➺one
2 dos ➺two
3 tres ➺ three
4 cuatro ➺four
5 cinco ➺ five
6 seis ➺ six
7 siete ➺ seven
8 ocho ➺ eight
9 nueve➺ nine
10 diez ➺ ten
11 once ➺ eleven
12 doce ➺ twelve
13 trece ➺ thirteen
14 catorce ➺ fourteen
15 quince ➺ fifteen
16 dieciséis ➺ sixteen
17 diecisiete ➺ seventeen
18 dieciocho ➺ eighteen
19 diecinueve ➺ nineteen
20 veinte ➺ twenty ...
Numbers from 30 to 99 in Spanish
Let's learn numbers from 30 to 99 and their pronunciations in Spanish. Numbers from 30 to 99 have almost the same pattern. When counting by tens, add the letter "NTA" after the number. When counting the tens, add the ones followed by the letter "Y" plus the ones (numbers 1 to 9).
30 treinta ➺thirty
40 cuarenta ➺forty
50 cincuenta ➺fifty
60 sesenta ➺ sixty
70 setenta ➺seventy
80 ochenta ➺ eighty
90 noventa ➺ ninety
Adding Numbers Activity
Work on this activity with your students to practice the addition of numbers. This activity was designed by the teacher Andrés Fabián Correa from Colombia.
1. Model and show an example to your students on how to do the activity.
2. Give each student one tree, one worm, and numbers cards with manipulatives.
3. Students practice adding numbers individually or in pairs.
¿Cuántos animales hay?
Use this worksheet to practice vocabulary about animals.
1. Practice the vocabulary with your students.
2. Practice the vocabulary about numbers and include the verb "Hay"(Haber) to build simple sentences.
3. Students will count and write the number.
4. After they finish the worksheet ask your students the following questions:
-¿Cuántas vacas hay?
-¿Cuántas cabras hay?
-¿Cuántas vacas hay?
-¿Cuántos gallos hay?
-¿Cuántos caballos hay?
-¿Cuántas ovejas hay?
Students should answer using the verb "Hay".
"HAY SEIS GALLOS"
Math Frog Game
Use this activity to practice numbers in a fun way! This activity also helps the planet by recycling common things of daily use. Kids will practice not only numbers but also addition, subtraction, and teamwork.
1. Ask your students to collect plastic cups.
2. Separate the cups by colors.
3. Paste the cups and cut out numbers to put inside of the cups.
4. Divide your class into groups, give them clear instructions about the game. Students should throw a coin or something similar and get points by adding numbers. The group that gets more points at the end of the last round are the winners. The teacher decides how many rounds the groups will play and you can set a timer if you'd like too.