Updated: Dec 13, 2021
Work on this activity to teach the vocabulary about different places in the neighborhood. Divide your class into small groups to work on this activity in a cooperative way.
1. Draw a plan of a neighborhood and cut out building shapes to place in the neighborhood as shown below.
2. Cut out pieces of various shapes in different colors such as rectangles, triangles, or squares.
3. Give the name of the places the students work on by groups. (Grocery stores, Bakery, Church, Houses, etc.)
4. Students decorate the places with items that represent the place. (Ex. A bakery: students would draw bread, cupcakes, etc.)
5. Students practice the vocabulary with the teachers' help.
6. Students paste the places on the neighborhood plan and use a simple sentence to describe the place.
-Yo voy al hospital cuando estoy enfermo/a. ➺ I go to the hospital when I am sick.
-Yo voy a la escuela a estudiar. ➺ I go to school to study.
-Yo voy al parque a jugar. ➺ I go to the park to play.
Escuela ➺School Estación de policia ➺ Police station
Iglesia ➺ Church Restaurante ➺ Restaurant
Panadería ➺ Bakery Tienda ➺ Store
Supermercado ➺ Supermarket Biblioteca ➺ Library
Hospital ➺ Hospital Parque ➺ Park
Casa ➺ House Banco ➺ Bank
Piscina ➺ Swimming pool Calle ➺ Street