Originally, I made this video for my students to practice their Spanish vocabulary related to the parts of the face. However, this video may be helpful for you as a teacher as well. Here you will see one of the activities I use to introduce the vocabulary about the parts of the face in Spanish. This activity is done in a ludic way by drawing myself while I make emphasis on the pronunciation, the words, and the construction of simple sentences.
Parts of the face in Spanish worksheets
Work on these worksheets to practice the parts of the face with your students.
Take a look at the video "Partes de la Cara" and get an idea of one of the activities I use to introduce the vocabulary about the parts of the face in Spanish. This activity is done in a ludic way by drawing myself while I make emphasis on the pronunciation, the words, and the construction of simple sentences. You are welcome to use this video as an example for your Spanish class. These worksheets can be used online or in person.
Ebook parts of the face
Work on this eBook to practice vocabulary related to the description of the eyes. Make sure you practice vocabulary related to the parts of the face with the video "Partes de la cara". Aslo practice the adjectives big or small (Grande o Pequeño).
Tengo ojos de color ...... ➺I have ......... eyes.
Mis ojos son de color......➺ My eyes are.
Tengo pestañas........➺ I have ....... eyebrows.
Mis pestañas son.....➺ My eyebrows are.......
Craft about the parts of the face
Teaching online doesn't mean you have to just show your computer screen. You can incorporate hands-on activities to make online Spanish fun. Use this craft about the parts of the face after or before your students work on the worksheets you saw above.
1. Find the materials you will use to design your face such as construction paper, scissors, glue, a paper plate and markers. If you use this hands on activity online, model and design each part of the face with your students while you make emphasis on the correct pronunciation of the words.
2. Send this information to your student for them to get the materials ready before the lesson takes place.
3. Design each part of the face while you make emphasis on the correct pronunciation of the words.
4. Once the face is finished, students will describe their final work using simple words in Spanish. Make sure you model to your students first so, they can practice first.
Worksheet: El cabello
Use this worksheet to teach vocabulary about the different types of hair.
1. Practice the vocabulary with your students and come up with a way to make simple sentences to talk about their hair.
For example: -Mi cabello es......
-Yo tengo cabello.........
2. Ask your students what type of hair they have in Spanish.
(¿Qué Tipo de cabello tienes?)
3. After they have practiced the vocabulary, students will read and draw according to the sentences written on the worksheet.
4.When Students finish you can ask them simple sentences about what they drew. For example:
- ¿Cómo es el cabello de la primera persona?
- ¿Qué tipo de cabello tiene la segunda persona?
- ¿De qué color es el cabello de la tercera persona?
- ¿Cómo es el cabello de la cuarta persona?
5. Students will draw themselves and will describe the type of hair they have.